Please, leave feedback on my site! If you would like to help with the project,
by making suggestions or otherwise, or comment on the site, contact me here. Thanks!

If you would like to know more ways you can help, go to the bottom of the page.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Well, I'm Back! And I've Been Asking More Questions!

Alright, over the past fews days I have read 40 pages of technical data (that was loads of fun), but in the process I figured out the differences in all the versions of the MCP3208. I am going with the MCP3208 BI/SL. I chose the 'B' because it is more accurate than the 'C' and the 'I' just means it has an industrial temperature rating. 'SL' just means it has a SOIC package.

Once I figured that out, I started working on a PCB break out board for the ADC so it would be easier to work with. Once I finish that, I'll post a link to it on BatchPCB, SparkFun's cheap PCB prototyping service.

I have also started trying to figure out the functional theory behind the XY ir sensor and the way it is mounted. I get how the tempurature differences correlate to pitch and roll. What I don't get is how it works when mounted diagonally. You can follow how that goes here, or you can click the title of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment