Please, leave feedback on my site! If you would like to help with the project,
by making suggestions or otherwise, or comment on the site, contact me here. Thanks!

If you would like to know more ways you can help, go to the bottom of the page.

Monday, August 3, 2009

Intenational Viewers! And gps woes

I just checked out the Google Analytics report and not only do I have views from America (the main source), but also from West Vancouver, Canada, and Perth, Australia! I'm going global! ;)

Aside from my global popularity, I have run into a 5 foot tall speed bump. I'm working on making my pcb for the LEA-5H gps module from U-Blox, and when reading the hardware integration manual, the difficulty of this step hit me. Everything is so specific and sensitive, making this board is going to be a pain.

I'm currently wanting to have the Open circuit detection and short circuit detection circuitry on the board, as well as a SMA port for this antenna to plug into, and a usb port, and then the I/O to the main Propeller board.

If anybody already has something like this, or wouldn't mind helping in the construction, it would be greatly appreciated if you'd let me know.


P.S: What's the point of all the "holes" on the PCB as seen here, I have seen them on a number of boards and am baffled by them.


**Edit (8/4)**I contacted Peter Miller, over at Petermillerphotos.com, and he told me that the holes are to improve the ground plane of the antenna. He also gave me a few tips on the microstrip and its resistance, he suggests that in order to get the correct 50 ohm resistance, I should use a 4 layer pcb.

No comments:

Post a Comment